We aim to provide the best possible education for all at the Brookfield School. The ethos of our school clearly reflects our commitment to fully including, respecting and supporting all members of our school community whatever their cultural background, belief, gender, race or disability.
Having referred to and analysed our equality information we have set ourselves the following objectives:-
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through appropriate curricular opportunities, with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity to reduce prejudice.
- To ensure that there are sufficient opportunities within the curriculum to offer a rich range of experiences both in and beyond the school to address equality issues.
- To move beyond notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning which avoids 'labelling'.
- To effectively support children so that progress is made by all, including those in vulnerable groups.
- To promote the fundamental British values of Democracy, the Rule of Law, Individual Liberty and Mutual Respect, and Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.