Family Support Worker
Ashley Read Family Support Worker
Hello! My name is Ashley Read and I am the Family Support Worker in School.
My role within school is to provide support, guidance, advice and information to pupils and families in our school community. I am here to help you with any concerns you may have regarding your child’s education, behaviour and well-being.
I am here as someone to talk to, and someone who will listen to your worries. I know from personal experience how difficult it can be supporting children with SEN difficulties. I can meet with you in school or come to your house at a time that suits you. Advice and support is confidential, any safeguarding concerns related to children will be dealt with according to our school policy.
I may not have all the answers but hopefully together we can find them.
Support for pupils include
- Providing 1-1 support
- Promoting self-esteem and confidence
- ELSA sessions
- Drop in sessions
- Working closely with attendance officer to promote good attendance
- Support positive behaviour and attitude
Support for families include
- Provide information and signposting to other agencies
- Liaise with external agencies
- Assist in completing any paperwork and forms
- Advice support and guidance
- Support families to encourage good attendance
- Support in agency meetings
- To be a point of contact between families and school
I am available every day from 9 am. Please contact the school office on 01432 265153 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org